Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mashup Project

For this project I started with the idea of beauty and what is beautiful in each different culture around the world. But after exploring the idea and ideas surrounding it, I decided to mash up a three lingerie advertisements of Giselle Bundchen which were very controversial in Brazil and mix it up with angry men and loving men.  The commercials were two different ways to tell your husband/boyfriend bad news; 1. with clothes on and 2. in your bra and undies. Obviously you can see why this is so controversial.  So I mashed up the advertisement and separated the two parts of the commercial and after the part where Giselle tells her husband bad news with clothes, i put a short clip of a very angry man and after she tells the bad news in her underwear i had some sappy man telling her that he loved her. I think my mash up is comical in a way but also shows the superficiality (if that's the right word) of the world. It shows how if women, you do things in your undergarments, you can get your way with anything. And I personally don't think that's right at all (well, maybe if I looked like Giselle) but it's sending out the wrong message to young women and women in general.  I think it really brings us back to before women had rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment